We as a Tilton community will foster respectful, responsible, and caring individuals. Tilton School will develop a positive atmosphere where staff, students, parents, and community members are respected, appreciated, encouraged, and supported. We will strive to positively touch the lives of children so that they reach their full potential and become life-long learners.
FREE MEALS – ALL STUDENTS, ALL SCHOOLS
SY 2019-2020 Community Eligibility Provision
Although school isn’t in session we wanted to make sure that all our students were able to access educational enrichment activities. We know how important it is to continually read and practice math facts while school is out of session. We will continue to post on our facebook pages, Roaring Tilton, Tilton Upper – the journey continues and Tiger Tilton. Please join one of these or all, to keep up to date. We also will have links and activities on our homepage for families.
Grades K & 1 should continue to use ABCYA, Starfall, and ABC Mouse to practice reading & math skills. They can also access the Library resources on the Tilton homepage. ( https://www.abcya.com/, https://www.starfall.com/h/ , https://abcmouse.com)
Grades 2-6 can log into their Google accounts and go to the library & technology Google Classroom. Some of the activities to choose from include keyboarding. listening to folktale stories, code.org, math fact practice and more.
I hope you are all staying safe at home while we are out of school! While you are home, check out the Google Classroom activities I have placed in your grade 2-6 library & technology Google Classrooms. (Go to https://home.haverhill-ps.org/. Log in with your user name and password. Click on G Suite or the classroom icon. Open classroom and select library & Technology. ) There are many great ideas posted that will support your learning while not at school and also be fun to do. If you complete an activity in Classroom, send me a message and I will share it with the Tilton community. I would love to hear from you.
Link to Tilton Library resources https://tilton.haverhill-ps.org/library-media-center-resources/
Although these times may be stressful and filled with uncertainties, the importance of spending quality time with your family is of top priority. Enjoy reading with one another, play family games, go for a walk and have conversations with each other. We have had some families that have requested some additional resources. We have included a variety of writing prompts. High frequency words are included to provide opportunities to practice words and play games. Our “Letterland” linking chart is also included for students to continue to use as a guide when writing. Guidelines to access online learning resources for Envisions as well as ST math are provided in individual student folders. We have included log in credentials as well as QR codes to access curriculum. Please feel free to reach out to us with any questions or to touch base at any time. Please stay healthy and we look forward to being together soon!
Dear First Grade Families,
The first grade team has compiled the following resources for your child to use at home. These are programs that your child is familiar with and are utilized in the classroom. These programs are connected to the first grade curriculum; they are aligned to first grade academic standards. Teachers will be able to monitor daily progress, assign additional materials, and support your child as needed. We suggest that XtraMath, Epic (or books at home), and a program of their choice are used daily.
(Tilton Educational Websites, Freckles, ST Math, XtraMath, Epic! Pearson Realize-enVision)
We also recommend that students write daily and continue to practice their sight word lists and math facts that were previously sent home. If you have any questions, please contact your child’s classroom teacher.
Sincerely, The First Grade Team
The second grade team has put together a packet with the following work:
· Math – fact review, place value worksheets, working with ones tens and hundreds, DICE problems
· Phonics – Magic e review, -ng/-nk word family review, punctuation/capitalization practice, long vowel review, bossy r review
· Reading – leveled passages with comprehension questions, sight word practice
· Writing – we have provided lined paper for students to write about anything they want to (ex: book review, weekend news, etc.)
Online resources are encouraged to be used if possible. Students are familiar with the following websites:
· Tumblebooks.com (username tilton, password books)
· Jr.brainpop.com (username tiltonschool, password poplearn)
All second grade teachers will be checking in periodically with their emails/class apps should parents have any question
Per district request, we have prepared materials for your child to work on while we are not in school. The topics in math are all areas that we have already covered and in reading there are passages to complete. Some teachers have included other curriculum related materials such as science, writing and information on how to access STMATH and Pearson may also be included. In addition, if your child receives ELL support there are instructions to access razkids.
Love your Grade 3 Teachers
Mrs. Hickey PE
Mrs. Hickey has created calendars and will be working on google classroom physical activities.
Ms. Dehne, our Tilton Lower School Counselor, Mrs. Burdin, our Tilton PAL teacher, and Mrs. McClendon, our Tilton Lower Adjustment Counselors would like to provide some Social Emotional Learning video clips, articles and activities via Google Classroom. Our class code for Google Classroom is 2ph4p2v. With all of the anxiety around this unprecedented event and change of routine, please feel free to email myself or Ms. Dehne with any questions or concerns and we will answer to the best of our ability and in a timely manner. For any health related questions, please refer to your healthcare providers and the MA CDC website https://www.cdc.gov/hai/stateplans/state-hai-plans/ma.html
The health, safety and well-being of Tilton School students and staff are a top priority. Our school continues to follow the guidance of the Massachusetts Department of Public Health (MDPH) and the Haverhill Board of Health in our response to coronavirus. There are no confirmed cases of coronavirus disease in Tilton Schools at this point or any other Haverhill Public School.
The MDPH and CDC recommends precautions used for reducing the risk of infection for other illnesses, such as flu:
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds or more with soapy water. If unavailable, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Stay home while you are sick (except to visit a health care professional) and to avoid contact with others.
- Cover your mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Get adequate sleep and eat well-balanced meals to ensure a healthy immune system.
Tilton School has increased the frequency of cleaning common and high traffic areas each day. In a normal situation these areas would be cleaned once a day. Prioritized cleaning includes bathrooms, the lunchroom, common spaces, door handles, emergency bar on doors, etc.
All Tilton classrooms are being disinfected nightly with Evaclean Protexus Electrostatic Sprayer “Germ Blaster.” We will continue to be vigilant in our cleaning practices to reduce the risk of sickness to any member of the Tilton community.
I have also attached a share facts sheet share-facts-h.pdf
Keep Believing ~ Mrs. Antkowiak
January 2020 Calendar
Tilton Upper and Lower Dining for a Cause!
Spirit and Pride gear
We have partnered with Spirit and Pride again this year to provide shirts and sweatshirts for our Tigers. Order forms were sent home with students. You can always order online at spiritandpride.com using code 4182. Orders are due by October 4th.
Please click the link below for the 2019-2020 bus routes
Tilton Lower School Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Arrival and dismissal make Grove Street a very busy place here at Tilton School. In order to help maintain order and have a safe environment for all, we have some guidelines on our arrival/dismissal procedure for parents.
- Student drop off begins at 8:30 for students needing to have school breakfast. Breakfast is free and available to all students. Students will use door #9 by the playground to go to breakfast from 8:30-8:45. After 8:45, students having breakfast will enter the building using the main door.
- Students not having school breakfast can be dropped off at 8:45 but not earlier.
- Students are not allowed on the playground before school. There is no supervision.
- Cars will not be allowed to park on Grove Street or in the school parking lot.
- Cars are allowed to drop off students only in the designated area (sidewalk in front of school on Grove Street designated by cones).
- Parents are to stay in their cars and pull up to the Student drop off sidewalk where teachers will be waiting for students.
- Cars will pull over to the side of Grove Street and patiently wait their turn to pull up to the student drop off section of the sidewalk. Staff will be there to direct you.
- Students will walk into the school building using the main stairs and to their grade level hallway or to the cafeteria for breakfast. Teachers will be stationed all along the way to help the students get to their hallway or cafeteria safely.
- Please have students ready to exit the car when you pull up to the sidewalk.
- For safety reasons, please only have students cross the street in the cross walk with the crossing guard. But students should not be dropped off on the opposite side of the street!
- Students are tardy after 9:00. A parent must park their car in the parking lot and sign the student in at the main office.
- Students getting picked up by car will be brought to the pick up area (sidewalk in front of the school on Grove St.) at 3:15.
- Administrators and teachers will be out directing cars pulling up to sidewalk. Please look for these people to assist you.
- Cars will pull up to the sidewalk. Please look for teachers directing you to pull all the way forward so cars can pull in behind you to keep the line moving. No Reversing when in the line!
- Cars will line up all the way down Grove Street patiently waiting to pull up to the pick up area. Please do not block driveways or street entrances.
- Teachers will help students into cars once the car pulls up safely to the sidewalk (Remember back seat is safest for children under 12!)
- Students will not be allowed to cross the street to cars on the other side of the street or to the parking lot.
- Dismissal time will begin at 3:15 but in order to help with the overcrowding, please feel free to stagger your time between 3:15-3:25
- Another option is to have your child ride the bus. If you’d like more information please call NRT Bus Company at (978) 373-9891.
- Student safety is Our Number 1 Priority and we understand that this will require continued patience on everyone’s part.
- WALKERS: Students who will be walking home, not getting into a car: Please do not park on Hancock St. If you are parking, your child should be considered car pickup at the front of the building. Hancock St is reserved for buses only.
- Students in grades K, & 1 will be dismissed via door #3 on the side of the school closest to High St. Students in grades 2& 3 will be dismissed via door #9 by the playground. Families with students in multiple grades can pick up their younger students first then walk to get their older students.
Thank you for your support, Tilton Staff
Bonnie Antkowiak-Principal, Shaun Bateman and Erin Mackay-Assistant Principals
Procedimientos para la Despachada y Entrada de la Escuela Tilton
Las horas de llegada y salida de la escuela hacen de la Calle Grove un lugar muy ocupado aquí en la Escuela Tilton. Con el fin de mantener el orden y tener un entorno seguro para todos, tenemos unas guías para los padres, acerca del proceso de entrada/despachada de la escuela.
Hora de Llegada:
- Dejar a los estudiantes comienza a las 8:45 para los estudiantes a menos que estén en necesidad de desayuno.
- El desayuno es gratis y disponible a todos los estudiantes. Los estudiantes han de utilizar la puerta #9, cerca al área de juegos, para ir a desayunar de 8:30-8:45. Después de las 8:45, los estudiantes que desayunan deben entrar al edificio utilizando la puerta principal.
- Todos los caminantes y alquiler de dejar a los estudiantes debe entrar en el edificio a través de la puerta Grove St. . La entrada Hancock St. es sólo para los estudiantes de autobuses. Por favor no se estacione en Hancock St.
- A los estudiantes no se les permite estar en el área de juegos antes de las clases. No hay supervision alguna.
- A los carros nose les permitirá estacionarse en la Calle Grove o en el estacionamiento de la escuela.
- A los carros se les permite dejar a los estudiantes, solamente en el área designada (la acera enfrente de la escuela, en la Calle Grove y marcada con los conos).
- Los padres necesitan quedarse en sus carros y avanzar al área para dejar a los estudiantes, en la acera, donde los maestros estarán esperando a los estudiantes.
- Los carros se acercarán al lado de la Calle Grove y pacientemente esperarán su turno para dirigirse a la sección donde se dejan a los niños por el lado de la acera. El personal estará presente para dirigir a los padres.
- Los estudiantes entrarán al edificio escolar usando las escalas principales y el pasillo para su nivel de grado o a la cafetería para desayunar. Los maestros estarán ubicados a lo largo del trayecto, para asistir a los estudiantes a la cafetería o al pasillo, con seguridad.
- Por favor asegúrese que los estudiantes están listos para salir del carro cuando usted se acerque a la acera.
- Por motivos de seguridad, por favor asegúrese que los estudiantes crucen la calle en el área designada para cruzar con el guardia de seguridad.
- Todo estudiante que llegue después de las 9:00, se considera haber llegado tarde a la escuela. El padre debe entrar a la oficina principal y registrar al estudiante.
Hora de Partida:
- Los estudiantes que van a ser recogidos en carros, deben ser llevados al área de recogida (la acera enfrente de la escuela, en la Calle Grove) a las 3:15.
- Los administradores y los maestros estarán dirigiendo los carros al lado de la acera. Por favor deje que estas personal le asistan.
- Los carros se acercarán a la acera. Por favor espere que los maestros le indiquen que se acerque al área, para que los carros que están detrás de usted continúen la línea en movimiento. ¡No puede reversar mientras esté en la línea!
- Los carros se alinean en la parte de abajo de la Calle Grove y pacientemente esperan para acercarse al área de recogida. Por favor no bloquee los accesos de vehículos o las entradas a las calles.
- Los maestros ayudarán a los estudiantes a los carros, una vez estos se hayan acercado cautelosamente a la acera (¡recuerde que el asiento trasero es el más seguro para los niños menores de 12 años!)
- A los estudiantes no se les permitirá cruzar al otro lado de la calle o al área de estacionamiento.
- La hora de partida comienza a las 3:15 pero con el fin de ayudar con la congestión, por favor no vacile en alternar su tiempo entre 3:15-3:25
- Otra opción es hacer que su hijo tome el bus. Si desea más información, por favor llame a la Compañía de Buses Coppola al (978) 373-9891.
- La seguridad de los estudiantes es Nuestra Prioridad # 1 y entendemos que esto requiere paciencia continua de parte de todos.
- Los Estudiantes que Caminan: Los estudiantes que caminan a las casas: Por favor no se estacione en Hancock St. Si se está estacionado recogida del coche, su hijo debe ser considerada en la parte delantera del edificio. Hancock St. está reservado para autobuses sólo.
Los estudiantes en los grados kindergarten y 1 serán despachados por la puerta #3 en el lado de la escuela más cercano a la Calle High. Los estudiantes en los grados 2 y 3 serán despachados por la puerta #9, cercana al área de juegos. Las familias con estudiantes en varios grados, pueden recoger a sus hijos menores primero y luego proceder a recoger a los estudiantes más grandes.
Gracias por su apoyo, El Personal de Tilton
Bonnie Antkowiak-Principal, Shaun Bateman and Erin Mackay-Asistentes al Principal
Tilton Upper School Grades 5 and 6 Wish Lists